Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life drawing, Schoolism and Subway Sketching

Hi everyone,

Subway Sketching
For those of you that have been to subway sketching these last two weeks, I'm sorry Kei and I missed all of you!

September 7th we were in San Fran and September 14th I was hit with the allergies BIG TIME!!... This Sunday Sept 21st Kei and I are attending an important wedding so we won't be subway sketching again!!... jeez I'm going through subway sketching withdraw symptoms!! We'll be subway sketching regularly again starting Sept 28th.

Schoolism Class Info
Digital Painting Techniques with Bobby Chiu - Starting October 6th
The Art of Caricature with Jason Seiler - Starting October 31st
Character Design by Silver - Starting January 5th
Storyboarding with Kris Pearn - Starting November 25th
Go to schoolism.com for more info.


Life Drawing
Here's a life drawing sketch I did for class. We tend to look at things through our eyes and the info then goes into our brain and then our brain tells us an interpretation of what we saw. We want to interpret what we see but also be able to see things as they are (before we analyze the heck out of it).
It was a fun class. I really enjoyed it. It's a great feeling when you see that the students are working hard and improving! Go 4th years go! It was supposed to be a 5 minute pose but I'm pretty sure it was 7 minutes.